Goudprijs boven $ 1.610 en in afwachting van Fed.......
Gold traded little changed on Wednesday, as investors wait for the U.S. Federal Reserve to announce its decision on monetary policy and a slew of manufacturing survey data to shed light on the global economic conditions.
* Spot gold was nearly flat at $1,612.86 an ounce by 0019 GMT, after finishing July up nearly 1 percent -- its second month of straight gains.
* U.S. gold futures contract for December delivery edged up 0.4 percent to $1,616.40.
* U.S. home prices rose for the fourth month in a row in May, suggesting the recovery in the housing market continued to gain traction, even as the broader economy wobbles.
* Investors are waiting for a policy decision by the Federal Reserve at the end of its two-day meeting, with sluggish data over the past few weeks increasing pressure on the Fed to do more to help the sputtering U.S. economy.
* A number of key economies, including China, euro zone and the U.S., will release their purchasing manager index data, a gauge of manufacturing activities that may influence the appetite for riskier assets in the financial market.
* Unemployment in the euro zone hit its euro-era high, suggesting further decline of the economy. Market participants are now closely watching Thursday's policy meeting of the European Central Bank.
* Spot silver rose to $28.37 in the previous session, its highest in nearly four weeks. The metal with both precious and industrial properties stood little changed at $27.92.
* U.S. stocks fell on Tuesday with traders' sights set again on Wednesday's Federal Reserve statement on the economy and a possible new round of stimulus.
* The G3 currencies were expected to mark time in Asia on Wednesday, following another listless offshore session as the Federal Reserve policy decision loomed, a day ahead of the European Central Bank's own meeting.
0100 China NBS Manufacturing PMI Jul
0230 China HSBC Mfg PMI Final Jul
0400 U.S. Total Vehicle Sales Jul
0500 India HSBC Markit Mfg PMI Jul
0743 Italy Markit/ADACI Mfg PMI Jun
0753 Germany Markit/BME Mfg PMI Jul
0758 EZ Markit Mfg PMI Jul
1200 Brazil Industrial output yy Jun
1258 U.S. Markit Mfg PMI Jul
1400 U.S. ISM Manufacturing PMI Jul
1400 U.S. Construction spending mm Jun
1815 U.S. Fed policy decision Jun
U.S. Vehicle sales Jul
Russia HSBC Mfg PMI Jul
By Rujun Shen